I have traversed from the sea town of Lima to the department of Cajamarca. I am nestled in a town in the middle of the Andes. The views are gorgeous from this remarkable place.
view from the road to site...
I have been in my site for about 3 days. Needless to say my housing situation is STILL not worked out, but I feel that it will be soon enough. Things ALWAYS work themselves out.
being excited about finishing training...
Things I have done since getting to town:
I have talked with the health network in town, and they are excited to have me. I have had a few conversations with nurses and what I might be able to do in some of the rural schools.
I have talked with another school in the city about possible work which sounds very interesting. They bring kids from the country into the city for 4 days, and focus on vocational education. Some areas that I remember are agriculture, electricity, baking, and carpentry. I am excited to learn just as much as I am to help!!! It should be good.
I met my site mate the other day. I am excited to have another gringo within an 1 ½ hour walk from my site.
I have played in competitive volleyball match…which my team lost...on my serve (however that works…)
Been rejected by a group of kids playing soccer…who had uneven teams…but still did not want the gringo to play…
Washed my clothes by hand
Been led by a counter part an hour into the country side, by foot, to see a special fruit in someone’s house. Unfortunately they were not there. (Another unfortunate thing was they did not tell me where we were going, so I did not have a chance to drop off my bag full of papers, or change out of my dress clothes/shoes…)
last day with my family...
I am meeting a lot of people and generally enjoying myself. My stress levels will drop when I get a permanent housing situation, and I am able to create and start my work plan for the next couple of months.
peace?!?
Prayers are appreciated,
Hope everyone is well,
Tim.




No comments:
Post a Comment