I have been busy every morning working with the youth adolescent center at the regional hospital. Four days a week we have a group in the morning. Currently we have someone coming in to teach music, theater, and soon will teach dance as well. We usually have a good group of about 15-25 youths that come regularly. My role every group is to lead some form of activity or game at the beginning, end, and/or when the group is rowdy and needs a change of focus for a couple of minutes. Needless to say, doing 2-3 games a group diminishes me reservoir of new ideas quickly. At least I can say I have not run out yet...
Here are some pictures of some of the things that have been going on:
Kids trying to cross the "water", carrying friends because they do not have on the "magic floating shoes".





So all in all things have been going much smoother. I plan on meeting as many people as I can from other service organization to network for possible work opportunities. As I find out more I also hope that my life can find a little more routine that it has now, but I admit I am blessed to be where I am and have the new opportunities that have presented themselves.
In recent conversations with some good friends we discussed how funny it is when God leads you through hard times that seem to have little purpose only to realize on the other side that those experiences are pivotal to a greater purpose or learning. Reflecting on my circumstances, I have not figured out reasons, but I have learned that it is all out of my hands anyway so trusting God seems like the best alternative and that the lessons will come. Even if they don't, I suppose that creating a higher level of trust in God is reason enough...

1 comment:
Miss ya Tim. Excited to see how the Lord uses your experiences for His good! Peace.
Post a Comment